Saturday, February 18, 2006

It was time to move that piece of chiseled perfection down the page a bit and make room for some of the real angels in my life. Last Friday I had the chance to hear Gil speak at Central Christian College and it was more than worth my drive over. I would have made the trip just to see him, but to hear the emotion in Keith's voice as he introduced "our Gil" and then to sit and listen to a glimpse of what God has been crafting in his heart over the last two years was a beautiful thing. If you haven't read his posts on poverty you should take a minute for the challenge. I had read them but hearing him share them in person was pretty moving. So moving in fact that you'll notice I don't have any pictures of him speaking. I just couldn't do it, zoom lens or no zoom lens. It was just one of those mornings. Between Keith's intro and Ryan's gentle and sensitive worship I should have figured God was settling in, but Gil...it was just pretty powerful. Add to that seeing John take in his old college turf and sharing that familiar drive into nowhere land was a good time had by all.

So many layers of blessings in this life I have. My heart runneth over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home