Wednesday, August 01, 2007

pit dwelling...

I'm writing this on a plywood platform stretched between some yellow scaffolding behind a wall of wire fencing 8-9 feet in the air above the Crossing stage. Yes I am. I have complete faith it will hold both my Korg and well, me. While sitting here waiting for rehearsal to begin for this year's VBS production, I smiled. Even though a rehearsal that was supposed to start at 6:00 is just starting 56 minutes later. I smiled because I'm writing this on a plywood platform stretched between some yellow scaffolding behind a wall of wire fencing 8-9 feet in the air above the Crossing stage and not standing in front of the cast, responsible for this rehearsal in any shape, sort or fashion. I admit the smile wouldn't resonate quite like it is were it not for the fact that I have so many like rehearsals under my memories belt. Probably 30 or so in varying degrees of complexity, but many of them with their fair share of complexity. And so I smile. I've had a small investment of time rehearsing my part with the rest of the percussion group but that's been more fun than anything else. Like old times. John in his element. Shawna in hers. Fun times I thought might have passed us by but somehow have found us once again.

And as I sit here contemplating all this in addition to the fact that I think I’m getting splinters in my butt, John laughs from beneath to inform me I look like I’m sitting on a toilet. All they can see are my legs from below. Good times. Good times. Sitting in the pit can be a little boring from time to time, but this particular pit has a nice view...

1 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

Splinters in the butt...mmm. Whatcha doin up so high anyways? Must have John's name written all over it. sounds like fun. I miss all the fun I used to have with you all. I do hope someday that the Lord allows us to serve alongside each other again. I do miss those fun times with flashlight routines, matching outfits, incredible music and simply amazing worship moments. Good memories my friend. Good times. I love you.

By the way...I like the pics below. :)

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home