Saturday, September 01, 2012

we be expecting...

The size of a mango. A mere twenty weeks between me and my third grandbaby. We are halfway there and the light is back in the daughter's eyes. Beyond curious about pink or blue, names and such, but mostly just plain blessed to be enjoying an uneventful pregnancy. Always the doting mother, I have the What To Expect app on my phone and am enjoying the daily countdowns to our happiest day. Our Jad and Kal will be two in a few weeks, and we are all keenly aware of their absence, of what this anticipated sibling might share in common with its older brothers, of what this would feel like were they running each and every direction around us as we wait. Also keenly aware that with each passing appointment, each strong heartbeat, each completely normal development we are grateful, we are understandably, relieved. Shawna looks as beautiful as you might imagine and smiles when she tells me how often she's feeling baby kicks. I'm just over the moon. I am more than ready for this and more than anything, I want this for her. For John. They will love being parents and will love how God will show Himself anew as this miracle lands in their lives. There are many, many prayers preceding this little one.  Many more going ahead. Joy in the midst of uncertainty and disappointment has a beauty all its own, but joy in the midst of this type of happiness-well it's absolutely gorgeous.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home