Monday, May 02, 2005

mugshots...

I'm supposed to be dusting. Which is what I was doing when I picked up my mug that sits on my desk in the den to give it a good cleaning. It was another one of those odd flashbacks, these silly freeze frame moments that register every once in a while. This is the mug Pam gave me after one of her shopping outings because she knew I liked to keep a glass of water on the piano during services. This one is black, with subtle stripes of lavender, blue and green, and it was dark enough to blend in with the Kawai. I smile because she thought of this, and I smile again knowing Helga always found it somewhere in the hall on Monday morning, patiently washed it and returned it to the piano. Along with the other seasonal mugs I would leave when the team had to drop everything and roll. Oh, the mugs she washed out for all of us...that was a nice memory. And I must be making some progress because I didn't snot all over myself writing about it. Lol.

Ok. Back to work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Warm fuzzies...those were some wonderful times. I'm so glad that an item as seemingly insignificant as a mug with squiggles and stripes has the ability to stir such fond memories. I miss seeing it on the Kawai myself but can't wait to see where He plans on letting you place it in the future.

8:01 PM  
Blogger ret said...

I also remembered Helga getting all teary eyed when she handed it to me for the last time. I had felt guilty all these years for having her clean up after me and she said she was really going to miss it. Don't you just miss Helga? What a dandy...

9:14 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I really do miss Helga...gotta give her a call.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home