Sunday, February 19, 2006

no ifs, ands or butts...

My boobs crossed over early on. The booty- not so fast. Butt I'm pleased to report that it too has finally crossed the aisle. The aisle I inched across years and years ago into what it is known as "Women's World" in most department stores. The other day I actually purchased jeans in the misses section. Granted they are the largest jeans permitted in that section before being booted across the aisle butt I got 'em on and don't have to lay flat on the bed to do so. If you're skinny, this is going to pass you by, if you live in "Women's World" or have in the past, you'll understand. It's such a great feeling to actually walk past the X's and head for "regular" clothing. It's just been a really, really long time since I could do that. I have all the plus size department's memorized in malls across the Midwest and will always smile at the distant corners to which they are banished. I'm across the aisle again. I still have my grandmother's arms and layers of cellulite to deal with butt I'm making progress and it's the best feeling ever. I'm coming to terms with the fact I won't be as thin as I wanted to be for the big day in May, butt I'm proud of my efforts to get there. Besides, this stopped being about wedding pictures a while ago and started being about me. And "me" likes that there's less of me to like. No ifs, ands, or butts about it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

And you're looking great, if I may so myself! Way to go, girlfriend! I'm proud of you and happy that you are happy!

11:01 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Congrats my beautiful hottie!! That's right...you heard me! You GO GIRL:)

3:19 PM  
Blogger The Mollet Family said...

I'm living vicarously through you..looking at you from across the valley(as I like to think of it). You really never know how much you miss it until it is in sight or even being right there in the misses department. Congratulations and I loved the use of the word butt--it reminds me to start working on shedding some of mine!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger laura said...

I have been there too. I always would stand and stare to the "other side". And dream about the days that I used to shop over there (before children). It is an awesome feeling when you walk across the "river" into the light with your head held high and a SMILE on your face. I am very proud of you and you look AWESOME and so PURDY! I think of you every time I go to WW.

8:59 AM  
Blogger ret said...

Thanks ladies, one and all. It hasn't been as easy lately...all this point this and point that business on the scale every week. Much more fun when I started and was losing portions of body parts at each weigh in. But, as Kevin told me today after he commented how "skinny" I look in said jeans...we're in this for life. My "baby weight" has been hanging around for 21 years so it's time I bit the bullet and did something. And actually, I lost all that once upon a time. Can't even blame her at this point. It would be much harder with small kids to care for. I am without excuse. Size doesn't define us but it sure can make the mirror a bit more user friendly :) And in "hind"sight, it would have been much smarter to deal with 10 pounds than well, lots more than 10 pounds...so if you can do it now, do it! This middle age stuff is for the birds :)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

"Besides, this stopped being about wedding pictures a while ago and started being about me."

I love that!! It really is true that this weight loss crap has to be about you... it's the one time you can be totally selfish and not feel guilty. I love that I am now trying because I want to and not because I'm trying to look like somebody or to please others. I know you looked WONDERFUL last time we were home and I know you look even better now because Gil came home two weeks ago and went on and on about how great you looked!!! Keep it up girl!! Those wedding picutres will be amazing with all those beautiful people in them!!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home