Thursday, April 13, 2006

the sacks of life...

While folding emptied sacks from our weekend in St. Louis this afternoon the thought occurred to me that our lives can be somewhat chronicled by the sacks found folded neatly in our storage closet awaiting their reuse. Twenty years ago one could find the logos of stores like Kids/Toys R Us, The Children's Place, Baby Gap and Gymboree frequently snuggled together in a neatly folded stack. Through the years Gap Kids, Limited Two, Delia's and The Disney Store starting appearing. Wal-Mart and Target have always been staples as have Bergners and Penneys. We've had Old Navy and American Eagle phases and Bath and Body Works and Maurices. Then of course there are a few we always manage to hang on to from our trips up north- bags that remind us of those special places we visit only once a year- Christmas Point, The Totem Pole, Silver Creek Traders and Adirondack Coffee...somehow helping us cling to those afternoons miles from home. We even saved a few from Israel and Italy...just because. A peak in the closet tonight will reveal a more sophisticated palette as Express, Buckle, Gap, Lord & Taylor and of course Victoria's Secret bags are the current weakness. I'm thrilled to say not one Lane Bryant or August Max bag lies in the bunch and one of those Gap bags happens to be mine :) We've a ways to go before Vicky and me are ready to tango but who knows. If that day ever comes you have my word I won't tell of it here :)

Well this was a shallow post. Nothing life changing here just thought I'd share the thoughts that kept my shallow mind entertained for a few moments today. Moments that could have been more wisely spent I'm sure. And now that I've wasted even more of them writing this added to the ones you'll waste reading it, I'll call it a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home