Monday, August 06, 2007

Still breathing a sigh of relief that on Friday Kevin and I were able to flock the persistent bacteria lurking in our cloudy pool waters out of the pool. Although he'll be slow to admit it, he manages to enjoy our money pit every once in a while as much as I do. We splashed around on Saturday, amazed at the overnight transformation and again yesterday afternoon. He'll be even slower to admit we've enjoyed the poolside basketball hoop I ordered to replace the one that bit the dust last summer. He beats me almost without exception and seeing him "play" and laugh completely keeps my competitive spirit at bay.

Yesterday I grabbed the hose he intended to lower the water temp and playfully aimed it at him, bright yellow goggles and all. It isn’t often my Kevin reverts to a little boy but every once in a while it happens and I see him subconsciously release the death grip he normally keeps on those worries of his. I say, “let’s see who can stand it the longest.” So he stands up, allowing me greater access to his bulk and I count. For a long time. He finally drops back into the water no longer able to withstand the ice-cold jet of the hose and I quickly concede, “You win.”

You saw it coming, right? Not my boy. Not my boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home