Monday, July 25, 2005

arm full of stones and mouth full of bitter herbs...

I blew it. And I want to publicly admit it. I made some posts earlier this summer about Lacey and I want to apologize not only to her but to other staff that are trying to make this transition as easy as possible for her given the mess she was left to sort through.

I let my guilt and my frustration with all of this, and a little insecurity as well, cloud my judgment and instead of following His prompt to talk to her face to face and try to help her grow in her ministry, I chose the lower, less lovely road of blog style gossip. It doesn't necessarily change what I was feeling or how I felt about it all, but I should have handled it the way I know is right. My momma raised me better than that.

A very good friend reminded me today of my own concerns about a young preacher leaving the ministry because of how he had been treated by people who should and do know better. And you know, these words have a bitter after taste having to eat them by way of my own sorry behavior.

Lacey, I'm sorry. You didn't deserve to read what I put out there for the world to see. I should have come to you and talked it through. I'm looking forward to our chance to talk tomorrow and praying I can do something to fix it somehow. It really will get better. And I'll do whatever I can to redeem this. I'm sorry. I knew better.

Please give me another chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home