Monday, November 21, 2005

what?

November 21. Thanksgiving will be behind us by the close of this week and Christmas is already at the door. I knew October would disappear but where the heck did November go? Argh. If December follows suit we'll be packing for Israel and walking down an aisle before we even know what hit us. Wow, that's a lot to take in. Maybe that's why eternity isn't something we can get our minds around. Nothing lasts. Well nothing except a tin of bag balm. I don't think mine even has a bottom.

That said, I have managed to find myself too busy to blog. Imagine that. Nothing like a few weddings and a funeral to keep things hopping.

Shawna and John are in the process of purchasing their first home. (This is surreal.) That's been crazy but needless to say they are both really excited.

I enlisted the help of a friend at church to help with the remaining details of the wedding in hopes that we can avoid the loss of what mind I have left. We'll see.

We met with the caterer and made our deposit. Ca-ching.

We have a florist. Ca-ching.

We have favors selected. Ca-ching.

We have ideas. Ca-ching, ca-ching.

We spent the weekend in St. Louis; they have registered at Crate and Barrel, Target & Bed, Bath and Beyond, emphasis on Beyond... Since I have already purchased their dishes, bedding etc. (before they discontinued them as is often the case), gave them all their bathroom towels and accessories for Christmas last year, and several of their loved ones have been gifting them with house related items for the last few birthdays and other special occasions they already are way ahead of the game in many ways. That left them plenty of room to register for things like tents and robotic vacuum cleaners :) They are quite a pair. Happy shopping to those of you who fall into their guestlist category.

I began my Christmas shopping while they were busy making their wish lists and although I ended the two day rendezvous with a speeding ticket (65 in a 55...did not see that sign, nor did he weaken when I asked if he felt convicted by the Holy Spirit to give me a warning as I had been praying he might...something about cracking down on the accidents in that particular area...) I did manage to make some progress on the old shopping list. Ca-ching, ca-ching, ca-ching.

Much to do today and the week to follow. Needless to say, missing my poppa is a close companion and we're swimming with responsibilities that could overwhelm if I go there, which I won't with everything else on our plate right now. One day at a time...twang away.

Happy last full week of November 2005. With all that's going on, I'm still a might beyond November 2004 and for that I am grateful. Life is good, all said and done, and for every ending, for every threatening sadness there is unspeakable joy. And in that I rejoice. We're doing better than we deserve pop.

later...

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Gotta love that Bag Balm-it holds up better than all of us put together, doesn't it?
So sorry to hear about your speeding ticket. I deserved one the other day...guess you made up for both of us. Thank you!
We're all doing better than we deserve...and Poppa G's doing better than all of us put together-Bag Balm included...oh to be with Him and the rest of those blessed to be in His presence. God is good...all the time ;)

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home