Friday, January 13, 2006



I'm not one of those mothers who would hire someone to put a hole in my daughter's cheerleading competition but I am her biggest fan none the less. I don't think that's all that uncommon or abnormal, however she may indeed tire of me staring at her and constantly telling her how much I love and adore her. It has been said I have imperfections, some I declare, others I don't, but never in the "have I told you lately that I love you?" department.

Add recent grief to middle age hormones to maternal ponderings and it equals 16. I didn't realize how many I had collected over the last couple months but when I sat down to plan for the upcoming celebration there they were: 16 cards. She's been receiving them at work every day this week. I even arranged them in order of graduating momentum into the dawning of her 21st birthday. I will never live long enough to know why He gave her to me but I know my world hasn't been the same since she landed in it.

I. love. this. girl.

And Monday is her 21st birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home