Thursday, January 19, 2006

Understanding how my Kevin is wired is something that has taken me the whole of our marriage. By now, I really do think I get him, as much as anybody gets somebody else. That said, I understand why he was home from work an hour early (3:30) for 6:15 appt. this evening. Like clockwork he'll leave the house 45 minutes early to be sure to be there on time. Must be a man thing.

Anyway, he's having a laser procedure done on his nose to remove the hereditary veins that greet him each time he looks in the mirror. Not a big deal, I urged him to do it. I just have to grin hearing the shower run above me knowing that although the only bare skin involved is already exposed, he'll just feel better about the whole thing if he washes his day away first.

He came down moments ago smelling fresh and looking handsome. Thinking it might soothe his anxious nature I brewed some tea and offered him a cup. As he stood there in front of me taking his first sip, I happened to glance down and was forced to make the following decision:

Tell him now or wait until he nervously reclines for the procedure and returns home...

It was a tough call.

Summoned all that is good within me.

I giggled and told him his fly was down :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home