Saturday, April 01, 2006

"All day long I will proclaim your saving power, for I am overwhelmed by how much you have done for me." -Psalm 71:15

I read that verse yesterday morning and something about it wouldn't let go of me. [I have been taught that means He's trying to tell me something...] I reflected on it off and on through my day yesterday, and I'll be darned if it wasn't on my mind first thing this morning. [Hours were better the last couple days, but last night Kev & I both tanked before 9:00. I was up at 6:00 on a gloomy Saturday...]

I am easily overwhelmed by how much God has done for me. Past. Present. Process. What has stuck with me is how I fail or succeed at proclaiming his saving power all day long and what exactly that means or looks like in a life well lived. The NIV reads "though I know not its measure." Clueless. Simply clueless I am sometimes. I am overwhelmed by what I actually realize he's done for me, but if he were to reveal it all at once to my midget mind I'd be like a little dot on the floor of the parted sea and the waters of his massive saving heart would simply flood me under. He even saves me from a complete understanding of it all. My life should scream his saving power all day long and into the night. A power that created every thing, that raises the dead, that saves me and dwells within me should be impossible not to proclaim and I'm thinking he wants me to examine exactly how well my life is shouting. Or not shouting. And how I can do a better job of proclaiming his saving power in the middle of wedding plans, responsibilities and chapter transitions. In the middle of life. He has saved, is saving and will save me eternally ever after. That, my friends, is amazing and I wanted you to know I think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home