Friday, March 07, 2008

So my sister and I were contemplating a round trip to Tulsa today. (Actually, I was doing the contemplating she was filling her gas tank!) My breeder said she'd bring Mylie today and due to the possibility of winter storms passing through decided to delay the trip. After calling her this morning and being reassured she was only postponing until tomorrow and not next week, I made the decision to wait it out. Again. In the meantime, two friends who weren't even in the market for dogs a month ago both have puppies at their homes and I'm still sitting here waiting. Though not completely immune to the irony of it all I am thrilled with their recent additions. One's even named after me :) 

A loyal cat owner for nearly a quarter century as well as being the proud grandmother of Shawna's  beautiful yearling Ada, I would still have to admit to having a particular fondness for puppies. We had two Irish setters and a mutt growing up, as well as a pony, tanks of fish, multiple birds, guinea pigs and rabbits, all smack dab in the middle of town---so I love all my animal friends, but there is just something about a dog. So I'm more than ready to get my hands on my little 3 lb. fur ball. I did call when she was getting her breakfast this morning and got to hear her bark over the phone. Crazy stupid is what I am.

Anticipating her arrival around 7:00 tomorrow evening. I'll be sure and let you know how that plays out... 

1 Comments:

Blogger sara said...

Still waiting??

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home