Tuesday, March 29, 2005

One trashy pick up line...

"You look like someone who likes to take care of herself."

Really.

Let me set the scene.

Our trash pickup day is Tuesday. Kevin takes out the trash. Not a big deal who takes out the trash, just that he does it. But last week he forgot and then there was Easter weekend...lots of trash. Smelly trash. And this morning, also Tuesday, Kevin is in bed with an on-going cold and I didn't think about the trash until I hear the familiar beep of the truck rounding the cul-de-sac and passing us by. Crap. Week two of smelly trash just wasn't going to cut it. Now I hadn't had my shower as yet, [Hey- I have no life these days...] so I throw on some clothes and chase the guy down in my car to see if he'd circle around again, which he agrees to.

Anyway, I'm not exactly gorgeous to begin with...but first thing in the morning folks, and that diminishing but still present black scab on my lip, no make-up, no "support" if you know what I mean, and I'm racing to get the trash to the end of the driveway before he gets there. Well, no luck. He's standing there waiting for me and says "this is gonna cost ya". I thought he was just making a joke, but he hands me this pamphlet for "Juice Plus" and says, "You look like someone who likes to take care of herself." Really.

Note to self: Kill Kevin.

7 Comments:

Blogger deby said...

When's the funeral!

3:03 AM  
Blogger ret said...

No kidding. And what are you doing up blogging in the middle of the night??

12:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Knowing you, that story is awesome! That guy is obviously a moron but as far as I know that's the second time in your life you've been in public with no makeup!!! What a picture. I know how you feel though, I leave the house without doing my hair sometimes and its way to embarassing.

1:27 PM  
Blogger deby said...

when you can not sleep and there's nothing on tv - why not blog. is that a sad life or what!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Now you know why the sanitation engineer hasn't quit his day job to sell Juice Plus full time. Me thinks a Dale Carnegie class may be in order because OxyClean or Bag Balm are not going to help those selling skills!

9:29 PM  
Blogger ret said...

Dale Carnegie nothing. How about Pam the "Car Quest Queen" Schroeder!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Awww shucks, Ret. I'm blushing over here!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home