Friday, June 03, 2005

answered prayer...

  • last weekend I got to briefly chat with Gil & Angie enough to know that you are giving them the delights of their hearts and going before them in visible ways- thank you...
  • yesterday I read an email from Brian about renewed confidence and re-ignited passions that had flickered dangerously close to being ash- thank you...
  • this morning I sipped a cup of coffee in my front yard with Pam and smiled at her confirmed peace about her job change and the pockets of ministry you are faithfully giving her- thank you...

Thank you Father, that in the midst of often complicated, discouraging, seemingly senseless circumstances you have an amazing ability to calm the storm, heal the pain, restore our fragile hearts and love us through to better tomorrows. Thank you for hearing my prayers. Thank you for tenderly holding these precious friends of mine until the storms have passed and the paths you have called them to follow are green with promise. Thank you for your grace and extravagant love and patience. Thank you for the process from there to here. It was not without significant cost, but the joy is sweet on the morrow...

*cue a chorus or two of "Good to Me" right where the echo part starts and sing it a time or two and let it build for another time or two and then let her fade back into one more chorus a cappella at the end...come on... sing!

For You are good, for You are good, for You are good to me.
For You are good, for You are good, for You are good to me...

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie Dykstra said...

Beautiful. I have never thought of praying on my blog. I wonderful idea.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home