Friday, January 20, 2006


This is Angela. Posted by Picasa I put her away for the season two days ago. Angela is a little heavy and awkward. She's made of sheet metal and a lead ball. She's gold and glittered. My mom dreamed her up when we were quite small. My dad crimped the wings and body and cut the holes for the lights. He soldered her together. Mom painted and glittered and I'm sure "supervised." I think she's beautiful but you have to know her. At first glance she looks a little alien I guess, not every day you run into an angel with metal hair. She made the move to my house after mom died. Now that mom and dad are both gone I can't see myself ever parting with her, just in case you were contemplating an offer. She stands watch at our front door like she did growing up and as long as I have the strength to lug her up from the basement each year that's where you'll find her. Testimony to my mom's love of angels and the nativity as well as her creative juices, to my dad's craft, skill and I must say patience and testimony to the love between them. Angela won first prize in the QND Holiday Craft show the year she got her wings and mom was always quite proud of that. Anyway, she's stored in the corner until next year and should I meet my maker between now and then, please be sure Kevin doesn't recycle her :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Angela is beautiful, and I can see Momma and Pappa G's creativity all over her. What a sweet memory, I'm sure they had lots of fun together creating her.

7:27 PM  
Blogger ret said...

Nice name, huh? :)

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home