Thursday, February 09, 2006

Must say. I'm enjoying our second-thursday-of-the-month luncheons with the "girls". So far, it's just been my two aunts, my sister, my daughter and my cousin but hopefully in the months ahead my two cousin-in-laws will be able to join us. Today we met at the Park Bench and it was nothing special other than their signature salad [my favorite] and the company. But to have this hour each month blocked out in our calendars is something we should have done a long time ago. The months and years always manage to blur into one another and being this intentional about meeting on a regular basis is just plain nice. Should the Lord allow, we'll have seen each other 12 times more than we would have gotten around to normally this year and given the uncertainty of any given day it promises to be a worthwhile ritual...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home