Wednesday, May 10, 2006

This is the place where I upload my favorite pics of the weekend. And I will. When they get back from Mexico with my camera. I sent it with them. [I had to smile when the ceremony began...I'm frantically trying to grab my camera and snap away and the focus was funky. I tried to quickly fix it and couldn't without missing everything in the process. I half wonder, well more than half wonder, if I was supposed to just "be" and forget living it on the other side of the lens. Regardless, I quit fooling with it and watched everything unfold.] It might just be me, but I'm telling you, I can't get that weekend out of my head. I see a circle of pink tulle kneeling on the floor of the bridal dressing room as the attendants all prayed/cried together on behalf of the bride and groom. I see the worship center as I walked back in moments before I was seated. I see the magical procession of all these friends in their lives, and the sobbing groom watching my baby walk toward their life together; all the special people who all played such meaningful roles in their ceremony, I see and feel it all. One lovely scene after another.

I was deleting old phone messages yesterday to clear up some memory space and realized half of them were from John. And John's many voices. I have loved this boy for a long time. I know exactly what she saw in him years and years ago. He's just the perfect fit. For her. For us. And I miss them both madly. If it's anything like the brochure, they may never come home :) [And no, I didn't delete them...]

The last couple years have been pretty wild. An emotional roller coaster for sure. One that barely seemed to level off before taking another stomach turning drop we didn't see coming. We are standing. Even doing a little dancing. But I hope He lets me catch my breath before starting her up again.

I'll post some pics this weekend. After we gather them home and watch them open their gifts. Can a heart love more?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home