Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I passed a young father near the meat counter at HyVee yesterday and observed from the conversation he was having with what I assumed to be his elementary daughter and the elementary classmate she had bumped into unexpectedly, that he was a fun daddy. His eyes were as excited about their impromptu encounter as hers were. I smiled as I walked by. Another 20 minutes later I overheard from the checkout counter behind me the same voices and turned to hear this father explaining to the cashier that his daughter had made "it" and asked him to wear "it" so he was and he didn't care if people thought him crazy. Only then did I see that "it" was a yarn necklace with attached paper pendant colored in crayon by his little girl at school. He explained it was too small to fit anywhere else so he wore it around his forehead. I swooshed a prayer their direction but figured God already has them covered...

1 Comments:

Blogger gracesosweet said...

Hello friend.
Just wanted to see if you are receiving our email updates or not. I know that you were having problems with your address a while ago, but just wanted to see. Also, does your daughter check her email? I tried to call her the other day, but must have missed her. I will try again when I can, but our friends who have wireless also have strep right now, so we will wait to go back. Hope you are doing well. Talk to you soon! Love Erin

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home