Wednesday, October 03, 2007

little miss sunshine...

Last Friday, while sorting through boxes (and boxes) of cards saved by both my mom and dad over the years (emphasis, "years") I was reminded that mom used to call me "sunshine". Veronica actually opened the card and said she didn't remember that nickname. I honestly hadn't thought about it in years, but mom indeed used to call me sunshine. Funny how fast something like that can take you back. Way back. Not sure how I got it: maybe the platinum hair, maybe my sense of humor that always reminded her of dad's youngest sister Joyce (or Butchie, another nickname with unknown origins,) maybe my perky or easy-going personality or a combination thereof, but seeing it there in her handwriting made me smile. Knowing how my Shawna Lynn lights up the room and my heart when I see her walk in, it might just be because mom loved me a lot. (not more, just a lot...) I'll never really know but it made me feel loved and known. And I'm keeping the card...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home