Friday, April 25, 2008

Talent Shows: 12 

Concerts: 35
Recitals: 12
Contests: 6
Dances: 10
Softball Games: 100
Volleyball Games: 100's
CIY's: 5
Bookbags: 12

These are all estimates of course, but my head's a blur with the amount of life we have lived since we watched Shawna's 5th grade Baldwin talent show. My sister is a mere two years behind me in the time line of our lives, but her middle child Chandler just stood on the same stage yesterday as I watched his 5th grade Baldwin talent show.  That's a chunk to wrap a mind around let me tell you. Makes me...well it makes me tired, honestly. That doesn't begin to measure the other milestones an 11 year old has ahead of them. For Shawna at that age meant checking off braces, boobs, and periods. There were standardized tests, pimples and parties as well as an intense church calendar to keep up with. Much of it over and done with before we even met Chandler.  Twelve years have checked themselves off since we wedged ourselves into those front row seats to hear her sing. Wow. And I haven't even begun to think of all we have experienced post-school; her wedding for one thing. We've switched churches, made tons of new friends, walked where Jesus walked and watched her say I do to her lifelong crush. We've lost loved ones, closed and opened doors and colored our hair a dozen times over.  That's a lot of life. And to think that not only Chandler, but Emma and Harrison have the bulk of that to come not only blows my mind but shouts a warning to hang on. This ride is far from over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home