Thursday, March 27, 2008

what a wittle wookiee...

It's hard to believe we've had Mylie for nearly three weeks already but we have. She isn't all that much bigger but her hair is much fuller and her face continues to change. She's a cross between Benji and Chewbacca. Cute.

The breeder had told me over the phone that she was a little hoarder. I would imagine being a small female pup among several larger males she learned to grab and go if she was going to claim her share. The night we got her home Kevin and I assumed the postures we have since subjected our bodies to on the kitchen floor and immediately witnessed this hoarding of hers. I completely ignored the cautions to overstimulate and tossed every toy I've nested away in the last few months at her furry feet. One by one she carried them to her bed. (Adorably soft- pale yellow stripes. A Target find next to the box of "iced" puppy cookies in Easter shapes that also found their way into my red plastic shopping cart...) Anyway, this went on for some time, toy after toy. She even managed to drag a stuffed dog that's bigger than she is across the floor several times. And then all of a sudden she started bringing the toys to me, curling up and settling herself snuggly in the pocket between my face and arms as I laid on my stomach on the floor. Score. Since then she has also found "secondary" refuge in Kevin's arms but she trusted her hoard with me first. Only when an infant Shawna reached her arms up for me to pick her up have I felt a similar rush of joy. (or even now, when she makes me her transit phone call...)  But every time Mylie trots across the floor and retrieves her little treasures, rushes toward me tail a-wagging and plops, curls and kisses me all in one fell swoop; Dancing. Much dancing in this heart of mine. So much joy. And last night being a "Wonderful Wednesday", I was late getting home with rehearsal all night and as soon as I hit the door I hear Kevin laughing and see Kevin struggling to hold onto the little furball from the sofa in the living room. Where does it come from? This mutual adoration we have going on. And how does something smaller than my purse contain such intense excitement? I gotta say I'll take it all. Mercy this little walking carpet has done a number on me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home