Friday, May 23, 2008

I took my niece Emma to Hannibal yesterday. Veronica was out of town with Chandler for a trip to the zoo, Harrison had a school picnic and Emma had finals. It was a rainy day, a "Nisswa" day for those who understand, and I thought she might enjoy an unplanned day on the streets of Twain. I picked her up from school at 9:30 and the three of us (couldn't leave Mylie behind!)  hit 72 to Hannibal, MO. It ended up being a fun day...enough rain to quiet the pace but didn't hamper the activity. We strolled the streets and shops and Mylie and her hot-pink stroller kept us in one conversation after another most of the day. 

We found some cute things for Emma's upcoming birthday (16!) and lo and behold they had two amazing pet shops along the strip that I didn't know about! Needless to say Mylie scored in the bling dept. We also purchased some dog treats for her, baked that very morning. One, the size of a generous brownie was half-devoured before we returned home. I commented to Emma that feeding her that much chicken liver (the main ingredient) might give her gas. We laughed but since I had yet to experience any Shorkie flatulation I wasn't really expecting anything.

So.

After picking up Harrison from his last day of school, grabbing a few groceries and heading home it was just about time for Veronica to pick them up. After waving goodbye and getting settled inside, I decided I had a few minutes to play with Mylie before starting supper. (John and Sha joined us for ribs and corn-on-the-cob!)  Mylie was adorably wrestling with my hand as we played on the living room floor and standing there in front of me she emits this long toy-like squeak...almost like the air escaping from a small balloon and immediately turns her fuzzy little head in the direction of what I recognized as a fart. What had me laughing in spurts all evening long was the fact she thought it was a toy behind her, turns around and runs that direction in search of it!! Without a doubt, had I caught it all on video we would be rich. It was that funny. The sound was funny enough but her reaction....hilarious.

Anyhoo. It was a great day. I woke up with no plan for Hannibal or dinner with my babies but that's exactly what I got. Can't ask for more. Can't ask for more.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home