Thursday, March 31, 2005

Dust Bunnies and Revelations....

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. –Romans 8:1,2

Yesterday I offered to help Shawna give her room a much needed cleansing-with school, teaching and John consuming her waking moments the room has been a bit neglected of late. I thought it might make her feel better mentally and physically (she’s been fighting a virus of some kind) to get it in order and I know how overwhelming it can be to get started. I’ve been in the mood to clean so I offered.

It began well enough. Sorting, dusting, talking [which I enjoy since we don’t get that opportunity like we used to] but soon she told me I was getting irritated with her and I didn’t have to help if I was going to get mad. My initial response was that I wasn’t mad and I really didn’t think I was-but the more I thought about it she was right. I was becoming critical and impatient with how she had allowed things to get so cluttered. I kept hearing Paul in my head…there is now no condemnation. None. I kept wondering how often Jesus has found the rooms in my life in much the same shape. I kept wondering how often I avoid him when I’m not up to the process or letting myself believe he’s going to get irritated with me…especially when he keeps cleaning some of the same crap time after time. But he isn’t like that. He isn’t like that at all.

I was better after that. Or I hope I was, I know I was trying. And I’m going to work on that tendency in my nature to be so critical and impatient especially when I know my room was in a similar state earlier this week and I have the time to keep it neat. It’s just easier to project those frustrations with myself onto someone else. But it’s really me that needs the spring-cleaning. I have a lot of work to do…

5 Comments:

Blogger deby said...

have you ever wondered why it seems to be the role of women for this housecleaning task?

One of the reasons I love mowing is how much the Lord and I connect. There's a blessing when wearing ear plugs and over the dim roar of a motor, usually all I can hear is Him. So....if you ever want some real spring cleaning time....come mow with me..........


also, are you playing Jeckel/Hyde with these Ret/Not Loretta comments? (if not, some person needs to get a real life)

7:26 AM  
Blogger ret said...

No kidding. I haven't had fan mail like that since I left my job at MPCC :) Good ole'comment flaps...

As for mowing...I think I'm going to mow our grass this year and see how it goes. Looks like I'll have the time ;) and I need any extra opportunities I can get to let Him do the talking! Lol.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guilty as well. Thanks for sharing and it's good to see spineless people attacking from the safety of their computers. Love that. True integrity right there. Maybe you need to send them your snowball!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PS. I'm pretty sure it was Lowery.

1:35 PM  
Blogger ret said...

Lol. Lowery's would have said "Shut up, Loretta". btw...just in case John and Sha chicken out I want that song played at the end of my memorial service. Think that would rock! Could you see the faces!

Saw your beautiful wife this morning and got a hug. One pretty lady that one.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home