Tuesday, May 17, 2005

just checking in..

Only have a minute. Actually, I don't. I was a very bad girl this week and started my 5 day Bible study this morning; completing 3 and have 2 to finish yet this evening. I must say it was a glorious morning to catch up. I took it outside with a cup of Gevalia coffee [love new shipments] and enjoyed the perfect springtime air. There were cardinals, finches and mourning doves as well as the constant beeping of trash disposal trucks throughout the subdivision. Given I was attired in my pjs I had to dart to the house twice to avoid any additional encounters with Mr. Juice+ guy. [No I wasn't dressed. What good is being able to stay at home if I have to get dressed right away?]

I came in around 11, did the whole shower thing and got an invite to meet my papa for lunch:) Gave Kev a call and the three of us enjoyed a cheap tasty meal at "The Place". Dad really likes cheap tasty meals. He recently found this spot [bar] and raved about their ribs, and@ $3.75 their specials are right up his alley. It's handy they write the daily menu on the placard out front...saves him a trip inside on the days they serve something like roast beef with pepper jack cheese, which they are having on Friday, so I'll bet he hits the MaidRite instead.

I soaked up a bit of sun poolside this afternoon but we're still waiting for the pool guy to come and officially "open" it. Ugh. Got a call from my buddy Brian while I was out there and caught up on his whirlwind of all things wonderful. Played phone tag with Pam and enjoyed a margarita with Mel during our weekly chat in my kitchen.

I watered my freshly planted flowers this evening and headed to Chandler's baseball game. STUDLY. Hope Veronica's ready for him to hit puberty. They may have to get him a private line just to have access to the phone. And does he ever have the baseball moves down. Impressive.

Grabbed ice cream after the game in lieu of supper and headed home. Blogged for longer than I was gonna and now must study. Can I just say that I love my W.I.P. CD... I play it all the time. It makes me ache and smile all at the same time.

Anyway. This was one glorious Tuesday in my world.

Sleep tight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Hanging around in PJ's all day(once in awhile) is mandatory if you're doing the stay home thing!!! It's a perk to the job.. I just throw real clothes on right before Gil gets home so he thinks I was productive :-) See ya soon!! Luv ya!

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where can I get a WIP cd???? sounds like the perfect life to me!!! I miss you:) I am glad I found your blog!!!

Tina Garkie

9:57 AM  
Blogger ret said...

Ang: I had to laugh about throwing clothes on! BTDT. I've also learned to swipe the countertops with Spic & Span or something right before he heads inside...cleaned ALL day :) [love you Kevin]

Tina: Hey girl! I can hook you up with a CD. How 'bout I get that to you with Jenna's letter you asked for months ago?! I'm a dork. Miss you too...

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home