Sunday, May 15, 2005

chicago...

number of:
  • phone calls from dad wondering where we were: 2
  • minutes we arrived before train began to roll: 5
  • dads waiting with donuts and cash for sendoff: 1
  • passengers who flagged down train as it was beginning to leave: 2 [not us!]
  • people on first run guest list: more than I'm ready to deal with...
  • times bar attendant looked the other way while we consumed our carry-on donuts in the dining car: 1
  • cups of coffee on the way there: 2
  • trips to restroom on the way there: 2
  • times train jerked big time while Shawna was in the restroom: 1
  • times I exited cabs and lost my left flip flop getting out: 2
  • pictures of Shawna modeling gowns: 0 [major faux paus...]
  • gowns that didn't look amazing on her: 0
  • gowns that made me cry: 1
  • gowns that made my eyes water: all
  • times we told her she looked beautiful: stopped counting
  • times I wished mom were there: ditto
  • gowns we left behind that could be "the one": 5
  • nieces that sat mesmerized during the entire process: 1
  • times we asked for directions: 2 [not bad]
  • times we entered a security code to be admitted into the boutique: 1 [a first]
  • times I wished we were staying the night: 3+
  • times I was impressed Shawna knew her way around Union Station: 2
  • times I noted our diversity: 2 [Cannibal Corpse t-shirt guy following Amish couple down aisle]
  • times people commented on body odor smell in car: 4
  • little girls that talked NON-STOP round trip: 1 [cute but chatty & I'll bet grandma was glad to take her home]
  • beers consumed by college guy from Chi to Qtown: 7
  • trips to restroom by beer boy: 1
  • songs sung by beer boy while wearing headphones and consuming beers: too many
  • phone calls by beer boy to waiting friends to update plans to consume more alcohol: 4-5
  • minutes willingly waited for oncoming freight train to opt for unoccupied tracks: 50
  • miles traveled at walking speed: 8-10
  • minutes we arrived late: 60
  • fiancés waiting at station for bride to be: 1
  • sisters I was glad I have: 1
  • hugs and I love yous exchanged as we parted: 4
  • memories tucked into the corners of our hearts: enough for a lifetime...
  • husbands who can not understand we did not find a dress: 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home