Saturday, June 25, 2005

Nuptials...

Jess & Jon were married this evening. Wow. That's been a long time coming. Sha fixed Jess's hair this morning and she was off for the rest of the wedding day preparations. Somehow the guys have something figured out that the female gender, in all these generations past has never quite got their minds around: just show up.

The guys played golf and goofed around most of the day...slipped on a tux and were good to go. The ladies...well. It was one gorgeous wedding and they are all due for a good nap. It really was a beautiful ceremony; Jess was wedding cake perfect and Jon couldn't take his eyes off of her. Gil did one of the best ceremonies I've ever been a part of, and the music was fabulous if I do say so myself :) The reception was fun and I'm just so happy for all of them. They are some special people.

I enjoyed seeing my future son-in-law all dressed up in a tux...providing some of the best ushering services to be found and it was fun seeing him and Sha doing the "this will be us" looks back and forth at each other. After seeing all this work unfold...I'm looking up an event planner number this week and hooking myself up with some major assistance. No way I'm going into this wedding with all of that on my shoulders. They pulled it off but it could get ugly if I try it, this I know.

I left rehearsal last night feeling, I don't know, sort of uncomfortable accompanying the trio number. I couldn't help feeling like 2 of them made one of them feel inadequate; like he wasn't polished enough, and it bothered me all day today. Going in tonight, I decided it was just me feeling awkward/jealous/caddy...your choice, and as I stood in the hallway listening to them rehearse the song without me, honestly I felt a bit...well, replaced. Hey, I like myself, so I wasn't going to let it get the best of me, but I noticed. Ends up, after an unexpected chat before the ceremony started, they actually had made him feel inadequate, and they had made him feel like he wasn't good enough. Sometimes this "sense" I have turns out to be more than just paranoia and ends up being exactly what I think it is. Sadly, this guy can sing for me any day of the week. He has one of those voices that just make you want to lose yourself in worship when he sings. And for them to make him feel that way about his gift, intentional or not, is really sad to me. I know things take time, but it worries me sometimes, what I've done by leaving. And I'm sorry for that.

Well, that was a tangent. At the end of the chat, he asked me if "my" piano missed me :) I laughed about the imprint of my buttom on the seat cover and he sweetly said, "that's not the only impression you left behind..." and then he said that we had some amazing times that no one will ever be able to take from us. Yup. Not ever...

And on a brighter note: by this time tomorrow night, I will have gotten to play and sing with my good friend Brian, as we celebrate his ordination. It's going to be a great day.

He gives...again.

3 Comments:

Blogger deby said...

as we bumble about in the dark, remember - His time.

There are so many things that you would have missed out on if all were the same. Time with yourself, your man, your daughter, your dad, your sis, etc. not to mention an upcoming wedding.

He has great things in store. Perhaps not in this life, but in the one to come.....promise.

7:30 AM  
Blogger sara said...

I can't tell you how much I missed being there last night...it was awful not being able to support my dear friends in person, but I was with you all in spirit the entire day. Lifting you up in prayer and in my thoughts - I'm so glad to hear that it was beautiful and that all went well. I hope they taped it so I can see it all. I'll talk to you all about the details soon! Wish I could be there for Brian also, but Crowder gets my attention tonight -only because he's in town:) Lift up some beautiful melodies tonight...my soul will be singing and harmonizing with you, just in a different place. But oh how beautiful we will sound together as the Father listens from above! I love you:)

12:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It was good to partner with you again my friend. Felt like old times. The kingdom is big enough for all of us. See you soon. Give Brian love for me.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home