Friday, June 24, 2005

the dwelling...

I ran late but was just in time to hear two of my "babies" sing an amazing duet to begin the service. It was a sign of good things to come. They were just so good. Every duet, every solo, every skit, the narration, video, theme...all very good. I was and am really proud of these kids. My kids. Hey, they always will be. I didn't cry. So I must be making some much-needed progress, but it was really hard not to be a part of it all. A friend of mine wrote this week "what we do and when we do it often only lays the groundwork for what others do, when they do it. It's a beautiful frustration in the end that I can live with. " I know just what he means. I had nothing to do with the actual week or two of preparations for this particular worship experience, but I'd like to believe my investment in these kids for the last gazillion years had something to do with not only the obvious talents they've developed but the great hearts to support it as well.

It was a great time. I smiled as I was thanked over and over again for coming; a bit surprised I was there. I don't think they get it. Or ever, really will...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home