Saturday, July 02, 2005

all the doings...

Well. I'm pooped but before I do some last minute bill pay and head to bed let me give you the best parts of my day.

Kev & I were out the door by 7:00 this morning to meet my papa at Steak & Shake for breakfast. Then we headed to a favorite pond of his to drown some worms. We even bought ourselves new rods & reels for the occasion. It was one of the most glorious mornings of all time. Cool breeze, warm sunshine and the two most wonderful men in my life on either side of me. Telling me how to fish. I know how to fish, it's just been a while. Dad sure didn't get much fishin' done between removing my catches and re-baiting my hook. Most were little tykes but I did manage to out fish Kevin and caught 3 nice bass and a large sunfish. The rest passed for bait. [Kevin told me this was not to be a competition as the two of us are shamelessly prone to doing, but as soon as he hooked one and started counting, he was going down.] John and Shawna joined us mid-morning so dad was really busy keeping us all tended. We finished up around noon, let Abby go for a swim and reveled in a morning well spent.

The afternoon was spent in the pool, as if we weren't already fried and then we headed to church, where I had to smile at seeing my sweet friend back where she belongs...leading worship on team. Beautiful. Rounded off the evening at Elder's with the Fey's and dad. Didn't really want to leave town tomorrow without one last meal with pop. Just the way we are.

I'm all packed for the most part and just need to get some bills on their way before we tool out of town for a couple days. As I write this I can hear fireworks exploding near by...even though just about everything that goes pop has been outlawed in our little county. Pretty much everything was outlawed last year too but I have vivid memories of watching a $100 variety pack of explosive materials sail through the air above our address and nearly peed my pants when one went zing instead of zang and about blew up my sister's Explorer. Good times.

Happy Red, White & Blue everyone. Think of me throughout the day on Monday, assured I'll be listening to "God Bless the USA" as only John can sing it. Wonder if he packed that cd...

sleep tight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hope the day was a good one. John singing eh? We revived a memory at Jon and Jess's wedding from our trip to Maine. Good old O-Town. I'm sure he'll sing that too if you can't remember it!

4:21 PM  
Blogger ret said...

We had a great time. We toyed with calling you and making a stop, but David seemed to think it was an hour away...so, with all the kids etc. we didn't. :( Hope you're all moved in...and getting settled into the house and "life". Love you guys!!! And there was sadly...no song. Huge disappointment...

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home