Saturday, July 09, 2005

Christmas in July...

I need someone to tell me not to feel guilty. I just got the generic "Journey to Bethlehem" letter in the mail today...actually haven't read it through..just guessing they're gearing up for this year's production and need volunteers. I wouldn't mind helping, really I'd probably enjoy it...but, just not this year. This year I don't want to do anything in December. In what memory I have left, I can't seem to recall more than one year I didn't have my plate completely full over Christmas, and this year I want it empty. I want to enjoy my home, my family, my....empty calendar. And I'm feeling a little guilty about these selfish desires. So, someone out there in blog land tell me it would be okay to slack off this year without completely jeopardizing my salvation.

Begin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lowery said...

"It's okay to slack off this year without completely jeopardizing your salvation."

Seriously.

I took last Christmas "off" ministry-wise and it. was. grand. And it has left me chomping at the bit to minister this year. It was a refreshing break and I'm better for it.

11:01 PM  
Blogger ret said...

B- That's what I'm thinking. Actually, after thinking about it some more since I posted, I don't think I've ever had a Christmas season "off" period, between school stuff, church stuff, work stuff... I'm thinking it might be a really good idea, once I get past the whole conscience thing...

K- Dream job was a thriving worship ministry position which in the recent past filled most of that holiday plate. I left for reasons that had nothing to do with my ministry and although it took a while, things are going pretty well right now. Still not sure what I'm gonna do with myself but it will all fall into place in His time and when He thinks I'm ready.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

Ret, don't feel guilty darlin and take some time to allow to be ministered...to. Heck, my letter went quickly (and without much guilt I might add) into the trash can. I know it's an awesome time of ministry, but I think B is right: take the year off and we'll be chomping at the bit to jump into action next year!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home