Saturday, January 21, 2006

chill out...

cute when mechanically repeated by a stuffed snowball [that I happened to locate yesterday Gil, and sadly I think it died after one last sickly sounding "chill out"...]

not so cute when curtly repeated by a sleeping 21 year old who wasn't responding to her alarm to get ready for work this morning.

so I asked her as she passed through the kitchen to iron something if she'd like me to fix her some breakfast and pack her lunch while I was "chilling". don't you hate it when you've bitten someone's head off and they turn around and do something nice for you? kill 'em with kindness, that's what mom always used to say. [the sarcasm was my idea] besides, the last two nights she's been up most of the night painting so that alarm probably pissed her off and she yelled at me instead.

here's to chilling out today. a nice walk in the snow might just do the trick...

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Words cannot express my joy. No longer will that erie voice haunt my dreams.

8:36 AM  
Blogger sara said...

Must express my understanding of "wanting to throw the alarm across the room" feelings this morning. Unfortunately I had no one but the dog to yell at today! Must say it would have been nice to have someone offering to make me breakfast and pack my lunch for me. Can I move in with you? I hear there will be a room open in May!! :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger ret said...

gil-the biggest reason I never got around to sending it to you was the fear you'd cut it into tiny bits and mail it back.

sara-I indeed have a room opening in May. however, by the looks of said room to date, it will take years to even find the floor let alone sublet it :) lol.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And cut it up I would have. Possibly burn it, maybe even let the neighborhood dogs play with it. I'm sure its final moments were better spend in your home than mine!

11:07 AM  
Blogger ret said...

you're evil.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home