Monday, May 29, 2006

hillsong united we stand...

Dots.

  • Ten years ago, give or take, a friend of mine handed me a couple Hillsong CD's and books to listen to. I remember the first week we used "Jesus, What A Beautiful Name" for morning worship. I remember it "changing my life". I believe it changed the life of the church. I remember using the word "anointed" to describe the power of the words and the ability for these songs to move me in the way they did. It was love at first sight.

  • Three years ago, give or take, another friend of mine told me "their" congregation just didn't seem to take to the Hillsong stuff and by this time, I was using one Hillsong after another and loving it. John discovered "Hillsong United" and we started using some of the their edgier repertoire for our teens and even some for our morning worship.

  • Currently, give or take a month or two, this same friend now shares the addiction and apparently "our" congregation as well. Looks like we're riding this wave all the way and only One knows where we'll end up next...

If you haven't got your feet wet yet you're missing out...this latest project is amazing...

1 Comments:

Blogger ret said...

I know you've learned new songs...maybe not Hillsongs, but new songs for sure. I miss you too, media man. Who might you be? :)

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home