Tuesday, August 29, 2006

purrrrrrr.....

John and Shawna came over for supper tonight after their game. I fixed John's favorite: Chicken and Rice. We make quite the pair; my miserable cold-turned-sinus-infection to his puffy lips, loose teeth and oozing stitches. (Injuries sustained during Saturday's church softball tournament...had he chosen to play drums, would this have happened?) No big surprise he decided to play tonight's first co-ed softball game which further cements my opinion the boy, though sweet as they come, though funny as all get-out, is as dumb as a post. Sometimes.

That said: Kevin was his usual entertaining self during dinner, prompting several moments of eye contact between the rest of us at his expense, and testing John's resistance to laugh out loud, which is still quite painful on the oozing stitches. Then I mention to Kevin that Clayton told me I should call Apple and get a free upgrade on my MacBook. Being not-so-much in the know I said they just came out with Tiger. Well, smack my butt and call me a biscuit, Kevin tore into that one. Oh, what an idiot am I. Silly, silly, me. So as he's off and running down the "I married a PC moron" trail, he tries to spit out the name of the correct upgrade, which I might add, I had already corrected, (Leopard) but instead he gets tongue tied and as he stutters and stammers around he ends the sentence with "one of those &#$!% pussy names".

Poor John. That had to hurt...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Simply classic!!

9:34 AM  
Blogger sara said...

Mom sent me a text pic of his mouth the other day...eww!! Poor guy. Heard he was a little gun shy as he was running the bases last night:) hehe! he may be dumb as a post, but he has perfected the art of "when you fall off the horse...you just gotta get back up on"! he's got more courage than I do. I got a fat lip in t-ball when I was 5, and I've never played softball again!:)

10:25 AM  
Blogger ret said...

You make a good point. But there's a fine line between courage and down-right stupidity sometimes! LOL. I mean, his teeth are still loose for cripe's sake...sometimes I don't think he has all his marbles...well, okay, he doesn't have all his marbles but I love that boy, I do :)

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home