Friday, August 11, 2006

screaming flesh...

Some well meaning soul on the worship team one recent weekend suggested we look for opportunities to serve outside our area of ministry. Same soul suggested volunteering transportation for many of the area children who would be coming to VBS this year. Apparently they communicated this suggestion to the powers that be and last week I received a list of ten kids sans rides.

I quickly sent out a mass e-mail with addresses and request to each of the team members. Days passed. The week passed. No takers. Understandably there were many of our team already participating by leading worship, leading groups, preparing snacks etc. and a few others actually in the cast for the drama.

Except me.

Hesitant to hand the list back to an already overwhelmed registration director, I looked the list over and decided that with a little planning, a little car swapping with Kevin, and a little invested time of my own, I could well...help.

From here, I have decided to let my flesh scream a bit and suffice it to say that this week has been good for me. Nothing earth shattering I guess, but in my own world I had to acknowledge I'm not so different from that church down the street from the home Gil blogged about a couple months ago. I also acknowledge that it really doesn't take that much investment to be different from that church down the street from the home Gil blogged about a couple months ago. More intention than investment.

My deepest thanks to the well meaning soul...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home