Saturday, September 23, 2006

long haul...

Last night, while eating once again with the nephews, I asked Kevin to scoot a little closer to me. I needed to have him near. I needed to tell him how grateful I am that we're still together these 22+ years. Marriage isn't easy. Few are perfect, if any, and ours has seen its share of bumps to be sure. I'm just glad we've managed to beat the odds. And I'm thankful, for all my strong-willed ways and manners, this guy I latched onto in my college years still comes home to me, and I still find pleasure in his company. I watched someone, who walked a different path for whatever reasons, snuggle up to someone, who just may turn out to be husband #2 for whatever reasons, complete with kids, who by appearances seem to have settled into her presence in their changing circle and it was just so strange. Not the first combined family I've even seen, this one just left me feeling such loss. A bit imbalanced or something. Perhaps my memories of her first family got the better of me. I'm just thankful we're not a statistic. And if we've made it this far, it's pretty safe to say, we're not a statistic waiting to happen. I love my guy. He loves me. How rich, how very rich, is that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home