Friday, October 13, 2006

Dad was never a two-armed hugger. Well, not to me. It was usually a sidearm squeeze at most and always in response to mine. Last night he hugged me back. And he used both arms and held on. It was a great hug. The rest of the dream was littered with random scenes that made little sense this morning, but I got my hug. And he was smiling. Can't exactly explain the walk in the snow with Kevin, the water on the floor or the priest who was asking me for ideas about communicating brotherly love to his parish. But I had enough sense to set my "stuff" down and hug my daddy. I'm assuming the tall, awkward, rectangular, robot sort of looking thing, was some type of stereo since I was trying to get it to play something I wanted dad to hear, without it falling over on someone. Anyway, that's all I remember. That, and that mom wasn't there. And that he was a little skinny. Where's Daniel when you need him...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home