Saturday, December 02, 2006

dtc: 23...

So in the last 48 hours I have nearly completed the annual indoor/outdoor holiday makeover. After I hang the ornaments on the foyer tree/garland, I'll be done despite the fact that:

  • As I carefully studied the Jim Shore Santa & reindeer figurines my dad gave me a couple Christmases ago, trying to figure out why they looked awkward on my dining room table, I realized I had the sleigh in the front. I'll let you do the math.

  • I spent close to 30 minutes searching through my wreck of a basement for my angel tree skirt that circles beneath my music room tree, only to discover it was already under the music room tree.

  • First thing this morning, weary of all that is red & green, yet resolved to run the final stretch with grace, the umpteenth set of lights I arranged didn't work. Just seconds from swearing right there in front of the Holy Family I realized they work more efficiently with the extension cord plugged into the wall socket.

One more tree. Wish me luck...

5 Comments:

Blogger deby said...

I love you - and how you help me see the being "human" really is quite a joy!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Brilliant! We've always loved you for your common sense. See you soon!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks again. it was amazing to see you guys and the house really does look amazing. (So do you guys). Merry Christmas.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks again. it was amazing to see you guys and the house really does look amazing. (So do you guys). Merry Christmas.

9:16 AM  
Blogger ret said...

Lol. I was just on your blog where I read that you tried to post and couldn't. So I posted on yours to ask what you had said and immediately your posts show up in my email and on the ol' blog. Go. figure. Glad I didn't miss a post with two "amazings" in one sentence. (thanks...)

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home