Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It takes me 15-20 minutes to drive to work in the morning. (It actually takes 15-20 in the afternoon and evening as well...) Anyway, this particular morning I weakened and peeled the banana I packed for an afternoon snack just moments after leaving my subdivision. So I have zero willpower. This we know. Anyway, I'm glad I did. This particular banana on this particular morning tasted particularly wonderful. Which made me think about that God of mine who made the banana. Complete with its particular flavor and texture. Its shape and color. Its benefits. And then I thought about all the other fruits I love to eat. And that led to thinking about all the vegetables I enjoy. And that led to thinking about whether or not God has ever actually tasted them. Or if simply by creating them, He gives us a glimpse into the tastes He knows and enjoys on a forever basis. And that led to thinking that He's an amazing God, this God of the banana. This God of Mill's Creek asparagus. This God of the upcoming strawberry and corn on the cob season. So except for the phone call I got from Neal on the way, my drive through the spring sunshine was spent in appreciation and worship for the God of my taste buds and the goodness of His earth. I don't think I've actually ever taken time like that to think about it like that or thank Him like that. And He was due...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home