Tuesday, January 22, 2008

aww...


Meet Mylie. These pictures were taken three days ago. She's a little Shorkie and just a bit over four weeks old and........ she's going to be ours in March. Can't.Wait. She could be ours in February but we're going to wait a little longer to be sure her immunities are strong before we have to risk another round of parvo. She lives in Jenks, OK and will make the trip to our house with the breeder whose parents still live here in Quincy. Small world. Very small world. I'm still surprised at the loss we feel for Mallie...we only had her a short time after all, but we sure do miss the little squirt. Something ever happens to this one and you might as well cart me away :) Anyway, thought you might enjoy the anticipation of our new arrival as I keep you posted. Getting way, way excited. She weighed 1 lb, 1 oz when this was taken. Kevin photoshopped away the Dr. Pepper can that was next to her, but it was bigger than she is. Believe it or not, Kevin came up with her name. I found a website this afternoon that suggests it means "rising of the sun". After that heartbreaking mess over New Year's we're more than ready for a little sunshine...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Loretta,

My name is Mark Bond and you probably don't know me...but I follow your blog (that's kind of weird, eh?). We have some mutual friends in Gil & Sara. Gil and I roomed together in college and I know Sara from there as well. Believe it our not, our paths have crossed before, but I don't believe we were introduced. Anyway, I'm a Creative Arts Minister and have always enjoyed reading the things you write about.

I'm in the Joplin area, so we're not too far away from the Tulsa area where your new Mylie is coming from. My family would love to make contact with your breeder about a future pup. Any chance I could get their contact information? If so, you can email me at phortres@gmail.com

Thanks for enduring the weirdness!
-Mark

11:12 PM  
Blogger sara said...

Mark's a good guy! He's not weird. :)

Congratulations on your new arrival...or soon to be at least! That is great news and I pray all this works out. Amy & Monte went through the same thing with their second puppy (parvo), but are now blessed with their third and are doing great. Can't wait to meet her!

Love you!
Did you get to see any of the wedding pics before mom sent them off?? They are coming my way tomorrow!!

8:51 AM  
Blogger ret said...

bummer. I like weird....lol.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home