Thursday, June 05, 2008

So the storm sirens went off at 2:00 in the morning Tuesday. We grabbed Mylie, a flashlight, my cell phone and the kitchen TV and headed to the basement, calling Shawna on the way. By 2:45 we were all back in our beds. Tuesday night we were expecting more weather and this time I sat my purse by the basement door, placing inside my make-up bag. I slept with my hand on my cell phone. Thankfully, no alarming activity. I told my sister I thought about placing my favs in a sturdy container of some sort against the basement wall if this is going to be a recurring process. I also told her I thought about sleeping fully clothed, fully presentable. In case. I also told her it would be my luck to have a twister upon us when I'm enthroned on the toilet. So imagine the look on my face when 30 minutes ago the sirens go off and I'm. Well, there. They should inform folks like me they rescheduled the weekly Tuesday drill for Thursday this week in light of the weather on Tuesday. Not amused. Not. Amused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home