Friday, April 22, 2005

Not Enoch

I will never live to be 365. I am not Enoch. [sarcasm intended] But I did just finish day two of my weekly study, right on time and I'd like to do a better job of walking with God. Imagine how that would feel. Hearing Him say, Ret walked with God. Today what clobbered me was how distracted I am with the things of this world. Whether that's materialistic distraction or simply being angry at stuff. Can't exactly follow hard if I'm hell bent on dragging crap along behind me. It looks like it may have taken Enoch the first 65 to get in step. Don't know. But I better focus and lay hold of what's really important while I have that chance.

2 Comments:

Blogger deby said...

Sounds like life is getting in order for you. Getting rid of all that crap is such a reward. I am very proud of you - only five more study days to go! How come you never came to any of my studies? I only taught once without getting to shower after work!

5:19 PM  
Blogger ret said...

I did a few years of Women Bible Studies faithfully. I was meeting myself coming and going with church stuff, 20/20, leading small groups for highschool and choir. Just needed a break. Sorry I missed out on that...I'll bet you were good ;)

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home