Tuesday, May 10, 2005

angels on my side...

I arrived an hour early for my nail appointment. [Save the comments.] I was a bit irked that I screwed this up, given I was trying to honor my self-imposed blogging rules and had been rushing through a list of chores I wanted to accomplish before indulging. Wasn't gonna happen. I got a lot done, but I was hoping to have finished in time to at least check my email before heading across town. Then I show up an hour early. I truck on home, clean the catbox and dust the stairs with just enough time to drive back across town for my pampering session. I pull up to park and notice a tow truck, wrecked car and police car in front of the salon. All parked exactly where my car had been 45 minutes earlier. As I walked inside I was informed that the accident happened right after I left and without a doubt would have smashed my car and maybe even hit me as well. Apparently, a girl was transporting a cat for the Humane Society, a good deed of sorts, and the cat got out of the box. She reached for the cat, and nailed a parked truck. Of course I was thankful to be walking out of there with 10 freshly manicured, thinkpink fingernails instead of sitting in an emergency room this afternoon, and equally thankful I wouldn't have to take my car to Hilbing's Autobody for the, I don't know, 4th or 5th time in the last two years. It's all good. All good.

4 Comments:

Blogger deby said...

not to mention being able to blog!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow. Good timing huh?!! Glad you're okay. Frankly, I'd love my car to get tatered so I could get something new!!!!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to agree with Gil. I've prayed many times that my car would get smashed! (With no one in it and no one being injured of course!)

4:20 PM  
Blogger ret said...

Under normal circumstances, I might like an excuse to upgrade as well...but with this dang wedding and all :)looks like my little car and I will be spending atleast another year together...

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home