Wednesday, May 11, 2005

wonderful wednesdays...

It's been five months since Wednesdays were my longest day of the week. Second only to Sundays. But the last couple of weeks they have been unusually hectic compared to the quiet homemaker routine I have adopted. The pace is definitely something that has taken me some getting used to. I have taken note of my "phases" since retirement: I have gone from sorting and sifting, to cooking like a foodnetwork.com junkie, to cleaning and organizing, to blogging. I don't know if you call that ADD or just trying to find my rhythm outside of the life I had perfectly crafted before. Days were pretty much spoken for by responsibilities and schedules and even though I had ample flexibility, there was an ebb and flow of my expended energies. These days, I'm coming out of a few months of NOTHING and I'm just beginning to add some things back into play, being careful to choose well and with purpose. And these long Wednesdays seem oddly out of place with the rest of it all.

Anyway, since God woke us up this morning [Sha and I did not hear our alarms and she left for school in a 10 minute record and I fixed her breakfast, lunch and headed to church myself 45 minutes later] I have been to my study, had lunch with someone I am really enjoying getting to know, napped a bit with an overcast sky and 2nd story breeze being irresistible, took in another class on Revelation [chapter 20] and went to day three of the "Coming Together" revival at church. I have realized how much I miss directing a choir; listening to the area church choirs this week, especially last night as one sang a beautiful arrangement of "Lamb of God"...oh, the moments I have enjoyed over the years...so thankful for that opportunity.

The preaching was...not so good tonight. Sorry. Just not so good. I struggled to stay in my seat. But Neal rocked tonight and the two choirs were worth the trip. So.

Wrapped up the evening with some honey bbq wings at the Bee's with John, Sha, the future in-laws and Andy. The lovely Sara took care of us and once again I should have stopped with the tea. Somebody just shoot me.

Walked in the door, started my blogging rounds and smiled as I listened to Kevin and John in the room across from me discussing recording software and dreams in the making. Kevin better be careful. I think he's slowly falling for the kid. And it's about time. I fell for him years ago.

That's about it for tonight. My headbuttin' nephew Harrison turns 6 tomorrow. He religiously calls me dorkwad [I taught him that one...] and seriously has attempted to wedge my underwear up my posterior more times than I can count. Ours is a strange and priceless love. Happy Birthday dorkwad :)

And that folks, is the end of this wonderful Wednesday.

2 Comments:

Blogger deby said...

I'm glad to hear about Kev/John. Has he finally stopped calling him "John Mitchell" and now just "John"?

And the picture that you gave regarding Harrison and the wedging - that will provide many hours of smiles on my mower!

12:46 AM  
Blogger ret said...

Have you ever seen that Farside cartoon where a plump lady is posting flyers for her missing dog? At closer look, the dog is wedged between her generous buns. Love that one...

As for the name, he must have only done that when we weren't around ;) And actually, that's how John refers to himself. I always laugh at him for that...who knows!

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home