Thursday, May 26, 2005

I'm back...**revised...

Did ya miss me? Boy it's nice to be posting again. I spent HOURS trying to figure this thing out and I'd like to just put it behind me. I was really beginning to think I was going to have to chuck the whole thing and start over. Can't tell you how nice it is to have the ole' gal up and running again.

Well. It has been a week- I'll catch you up...

motb...day 345:

  • We searched for wedding gowns in St. Louis and Quincy. Our list of favs totals 7. All out of town.
  • I made a deposit on the church and on the sound technician.
  • I purchased an adorable set of wine bottle bride/groom covers. Way cute.
  • I purchased several wedding/shower cards. This could get crazy.
  • I need to step it up. 50 weeks left...

smilemakers:

  • My dad calls me every other day or so saying "rejoice with me" about something in his garden, his puppy or the menu at "the place". Today he called with a rhyming update on peas & pods.
  • Had a great time at Sara's going away party Saturday night. Great time.
  • Got to have lunch with Erin before she flew the coup. We sat and talked at the Bee's for over 2 hours...please pray for her safe travel over the next 8 weeks...
  • John told me he got all "googily" when he saw Sha at school the other day...
  • This weather...
  • Gil, Angie and Carterman are coming to town this weekend!!
  • Taking a walk on Monday with Kev and Shawna to the bottom road...beautiful was the picture of Kev in the front, me in the back and Sha in the middle...just like when she was little...
  • Starting the last chapter in "A Generous Orthodoxy"....finally. I wish I were brighter...
  • Our pool is officially OPEN as of today...good grief that took a while.
  • Having my blog up and running...
  • Fixing it all by myself...

**smilebreakers:

  • Being late for lunch last week. I was in serious jeopardy of being disinherited. ["the place" had bbq ribs and buttered new potatoes and dad called to invite me. I was 10 minutes late, he was 30 minutes early, and he was NOT happy. Sure. You think the candy-bearing, sweet, gentle, Papa G incapable of wrath but make no mistake. When his potatoes weren't swimming in butter like they were the first time he ate there, it was because I was late. And, our party of 5 [add Veronica, Harrison & Pam] were all deprived of the chocolate cake dessert that more punctual people were enjoying at other tables.
  • Guys taking leaks in public. [or girls for that matter, but they seem to not only travel in packs but find appropriate places to do so] Especially on my cul-du-sac. Nothing a little 911 didn't take care of...hey, they peeled down the street to begin with, hit the lights like they were hiding from someone, and didn't live in our neighborhood. All he had to do was stay in the car...but no, we're gonna pee on my street...BIG mistake...

revelations: Still gathering my thoughts, but I'm lovin' my Bible study. Lots of good stuff.

Calling it a night. Right after I clean the litter box.

My blog is all better.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home