Friday, May 27, 2005

jinx...

I'm on the phone with my sister just now, roaming from one topic to another and I was telling her about a radio talk show Kevin and I were listening to the other night in the van. I believe it was a Dr. Lipton speaking about the subconscious mind vs. conscious and his premise had something to do with the way we draw from our first 6 years of conscious thought, when we first "learned" behaviors etc. for the rest of our lives. [Similar to driving for 10 minutes and having no memory of consciously doing it...]

Well, for the last couple days Kevin has excused various things he has done by joking that it was only his subconscious talking or reacting, in an attempt to escape ownership by lack of conscious awareness. This has been funny so far, but I could see this becoming an irritating pattern in the near future. Without missing a beat, we say together over the phone, "yeah, well subconscious this!"

Not late night material, but it was funny to the two of us. I suppose we shared 4 of my 6 formative years and that might account for something...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Kell-bell and I do that a lot too... it's so nice to have such a good relationship with your sister... makes life a lot more fun (and challenging at times)...

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home