Monday, June 13, 2005

I was fixing lunch and put Tig back in her bed believing Kevin wouldn't touch any food the cat was close enough to contaminate...[as it was he made sure I had washed my hands] Well, she stands up, wobbly mind you and begins to moan. Break my heart. I'm still cooking and try to calm her with my voice. Her head pops up, which in itself is something she hasn't done in two days, and then as I walk that way she walks right over to me like nothing was wrong. Head up, legs normal, obviously assured by the sound of my voice. I get ready to pronounce her healed [please say that like Benny Hinn]and hurry to get her some food and water. I begin to say how encouraging it is to see her walk normally and somewhat responsive, that maybe she just has the flu or something and then Kevin who is impatiently waiting for his lunch says: "Encouraging? How can that possibly be encouraging?"

He obviously had not yet read my last entry or if he had, he elected not to heed some potentially life saving advice :) I hastily informed him of the multiple benefits simply eating his lunch quietly and returning to work soon thereafter would afford him...

BTW....she quickly returned to the lethargic state she's been in...perhaps one last burst of energy...but she wanted me and that was enough to send me into tears for the next hour or so...she is one sweet cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home