Sunday, June 12, 2005

tig...

When we walked in late last night, John was sitting with Tigger asleep on his lap. When I got in bed, Kevin told me she had acted really weird through the day...sleeping in odd positions, trying to curl up under things. This morning she was asleep on the floor by my bed and not in her basket. She tried to follow me downstairs but I ended up carrying her. Since then she just hasn't been herself. I think she's probably dying. She doesn't seem to be uncomfortable, just pretty weak and non-responsive to ordinary prompts. And it doesn't seem like she can see anything. I stayed home from church this morning. Just didn't feel right leaving her alone, even if she is a cat. We brought her home from a Minnesota rural road 21 years ago this month. Our little six-toed, bear cub friend may just leave us today. As often as we joke about her, she has been a perfect "friend" for Shawna and a loving pet, fur balls and all. Planning to stay close to day. Seems the least I can do for her after all these years...

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Hi honey-
So sorry to hear about Tigger...I am thinking of you all. It's a wonderment to me the way God touches us through his creation - especially the ones we take home to share our lives with. And Ginny, I am reading a book right now ("Heaven" by Randy Alcorn) which leads me to belive that animals will be in heaven. I like this book!!
Please keep us posted Ret.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Lowery said...

I had pretty much given in to the thought that Tigger would live forever. That cat was THE epitome of immortality to me. Sorry to hear about the little gal.

And Pam, there will be animals in heaven. I'm pretty sure of it. There were in the beginning when everything was perfect.

But there will be no poop. Do you hear me people?!? There will be no poop.

8:43 AM  
Blogger ret said...

Can you see the look on Kev's face when he walks through the pearly gates and Tig is there. That- is one sweet thought...

Of course without the poop and fur balls, Kevin just might come around...

10:17 AM  
Blogger Lowery said...

LOL. I can see the look. And at that point, both Tigger and Kevin will be immortal. There will be no end in sight, no period at the end of the setence on their time together. It's beautiful and hilarious all at once.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home