Thursday, June 09, 2005

the perfect day...

Neal, Becky and Holly spent the whole morning in our music room as John helped them lay down vocals for this new choir thing...partially for my benefit and partially to give everyone something to rehearse with. I had a great time. Ever live moments almost on a dual level? Like, being in the moment but also seeing it as something eternal? Something providential? Something chosen? Well, I'm having those moments all the time these days and loving it.

Made killer taco salads for Kev & I for lunch and then....I almost forgot my buddy Gil called and we decided to get together for supper tonight, which was a day maker all in its own right.

I had totally anticipated rain this afternoon...to the point of being surprised to look outside at 2:00 and see my lovely pool shimmering in the sunlight. Minutes later I was christening my new foam raft and pinching myself that a day could in fact be this perfect. I might have looked more like Jesus if I hadn't chosen to call Pam and Kevin in the middle of their afternoon at work and make splashing noises through the phone. Pam's was sheer cruelty. Kevin's was packaged as a "thank you" for providing this recreational opportunity for me to enjoy. It was glorious.

After a quick trip to the market I began the preparations for our feast this evening. Wisely simple, but delicious. Ang, Gil, Carter and Pam completed the circle at the table and it was fantastic catching up a bit and just getting to spend some time together. Gil & Carter took a dip and we wrapped the evening up sitting outside enjoying the company of these lifetime friendships we've been blessed to share.

Checked my email...a sweet note from Becky about this morning and then Sha calls. What a day. What a day, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home