Monday, July 18, 2005

phew.

The weather line said it was July 18th this morning and I thought...you've got to be kidding. How did we get to July 18th already? Good stinkin' grief. Things have definitely been flying by lately...and honestly, this last week I haven't had time to cave into much of a funk so we're moving a bit farther on down the road today. I'm sitting a bit brighter than I was at last posting. Sorry about that. But hey, no one's making you read this stuff.

Anyhoo. In the last few weeks I've been to Branson and back, played for a 3 weddings, sweltered at a swim meet, wallowed in a few painful memories, written harmonies to several songs, cleaned the house top to bottom [with a little help from my girls at MM], rehearsed several times for a worship night we have coming up, hosted a monthly jam session and pulled off a dual couple's shower with 40 guests in my backyard with the help of my little sister. It. Has. Been. Crazy. And it about killed me given the fact I've been relatively dormant for the better part of 2005.

Brian was able to play with us Tuesday night, that was great fun and wow do I miss that... The shower on Wednesday night was a blast, even if it was a bit warm...the rain didn't even think of sending all those people into my kitchen! I was so busy preparing, hostessing and cleaning up, I barely noticed my baby girl was having her first bridal shower. I swear to pay more attention from here on out. We may hit the wedding dress trail again this weekend. As fast as we've watched the last few months disappear, it's frightening how soon this will all be upon us.

There are 2 buses full of MPCC kids headed to CIY conference in Carbondale this morning. Please cover them in prayer...although I may never completely recover from the excessive heat I endured the 5 times I attended as a sponsor, I will always deeply cherish those trips. The worship especially, but also the girls huddled in the hallway in their pajamas every night, sharing munchies and hearts and often times tears. It was always such an enormous week for us. I always went as a leader but always came back assured I will always have so much to learn.

Well. I need to do something, even if it's wrong (that's what my dad always says...) so I'll bid you adieu. I'm feeling a bit out of sync lately. Not sure what's bugging me...just not 100% for some reason. I'll have to chase that rabbit and get back to you. For now, have a great Monday. It beats having a sucky one...

5 Comments:

Blogger deby said...

My admiration for you has sunk. After mowing your lawn - let's just say you really were sailing high (regardless of what Kevin thought about it). But after talking to your dad yesterday, he informed me that when fishing - you have him or Kevin bait the hook and remove the fish. Even John and Shawna take advantage of this service.

The only word that comes to my mind is...........citygirl.

9:02 AM  
Blogger deby said...

another thing - didn't you love Waiter Rant's last entry - Because I am pretty!

9:04 AM  
Blogger ret said...

Lol. Hey, if I'm the only one reeling in the big guys, the least they can do is release them and rebait my hook!! I donned gloves at one point and actually did remove a small one :) And I'll do minnows...just not worms! Besides, it makes them feel needed :)

9:14 AM  
Blogger deby said...

GLOVES

need I say anything more except.............pure citygirl.

2:07 PM  
Blogger ret said...

I am a citygirl. Although I have scooped my share of pony manure in my day and I've been known to decorate with crows and sunflowers...does hosting countless Country Peddlar parties count???

And yes, Ginny, I think a giant piece of chocolate anything wouldn't hurt a thing! (Put me down for JC...lol)

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home