Thursday, May 18, 2006

heaven...

With the wedding etc. I asked to have a few weekends off, as did John and Shawna naturally. Tonight was my first rehearsal in a month. It felt good. It felt really, really good to play tonight. And my heart is just so stinkin' full I'm not sure it's healthy. My son-in-law was to my right and he's my favorite drummer in the whole wide world. He's actually one of my favorite people in the whole wide world. Makes me smile to hear him play; to see the joy in his entire body as he finds a groove; to be blessed enough to be able to play together after all we've been through in the last couple years. And, there were moments tonight when it rocked. We have some gifted people. And by all appearances they have the hearts to match. What an amazing God. What an incredibly amazing...God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home